In my opinion, it shouldn't matter what type of web app you are
creating, Django is a framework that can be used to develop any kind
of app you can imagine.  That being said, Django was designed for a
particular use and has been tailored for that use, deviating
significantly from that type of use may mean not being able to
effectively use some features, i.e. admin.  I am writing a web app
that allows organizations to manage their IT Governance, Risk
Management, and Compliancy initiatives, much of what Django provides
lends itself well to efficient development of this app (the ORM, the
template system, Model Forms etc...) however, admin is (at least pre
nf-admin) not real conducive to an app where by design there really
aren't 'trusted' users.  So I built my own administrative interface
through custom views.  I looked at php, (though I am not a PHP
programmer) and I looked at other python web frameworks (TG and
pylons) and decided that while I probably would never use the built-in
Admin interface for much, if anything, in production, Django provided
the best framework for my app.
hth,
-richard