James Matthews wrote:
Hi,

I am now debating on if i should use Apache with mod_python or Lighttpd with fastcgi. I won't be serving many files (just one webpage for now...) But that page will preform be doing many calculation/database query's. Which one would you guys recommend. Pros and Cons
I would recommend apache with mod_python. This is the setup that django recommends. If you have access to the server in question, this is a viable option. In my opinion, mod_python is less overhead than FastCGI.

FastCGI is usually recommended for shared hosting environments.
Lighttpd is usually useful for serving lots of files, or minimizing overhead when optimizing for a set of given hardware.

Jeff Anderson