Hi,

I am trying to import a library that is in a non-standard location ~/opt/lib
(I am in a shared environment) and i added it to my "LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
however Django tells me it cannot find it and me a 500 error.

In python i can import the library but not in Django. I compiled this
library using Swig.

Details:

Error was: libhdate.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

but in python...
[machine]$ python -c "from hdate import Hdate"
[machine]$

Any help?

James

--