On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:22 PM, John Boxall wrote:

> class OptionModelForm(forms.ModelForm):
>
>       class Meta:
>               model = Option
>
>       def save(self, commit=True):
>               # Will -NEVER- run
>               assert False
>
>       def clean(self):
>               # Will -ALWAYS- run
>               assert False

> class OptionInline(admin.TabularInline):
>       model = Option
>       form = PollModelForm
>
> class PollAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
>       model = Poll
>       inlines = [OptionInline]

Ok, based on the wrongly posted thread on django-developers, you
mentioned it was a form on a ModelAdmin /not/ an inline. Right now
save is not called on a ModelForm from an inline. I am still not sure
if it ever will. It might end up being a documentation fix. Check into
how model formsets work. It might help you uncover why this is.

Brian Rosner
http://oebfare.com