On my homepage I want to have a few different items, one is the recent
news items. I created the recentnews.py file:

from myproject.site.models import Blog
from django.template import Library,Node

register = Library()

def build_news_list(parser, token):

    return NewsObject()

class NewsObject(Node):
    def render(self, context):
        context['recent_news'] = Entry.entry_live.all().order_by('-
pub_date')[:15  ]
        return ''

register.tag('get_news_list', build_news_list)

For some reason I can't remember/figure out where this file, with the
__init__.py file. I was thinking it was in /myproject/templates/
templatetags/ but that isn't working.