Have you tried restarting the development server?  I've noticed that
Django seems to cache template tag definitions when it starts up and
won't pick up changes.  They may have addressed this but I've gotten
in the habit of just restarting the development server whenever I'm
mucking around with custom template libraries.

-Brian