Sorry - the issue is that no change occurs to the database - I am
using pgAdminIII to inspect the database, and so can see if an entry
gets created in my table.

Here's the dbpart of the settings.py file seems pretty featureless...

DATABASE_ENGINE = 'postgresql_psycopg2'           #
'postgresql_psycopg2'
DATABASE_NAME = 'myName'                  # Or path to database file if
using sqlite3.
DATABASE_USER = 'postgres'             # Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_PASSWORD = 'password'         # Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_HOST = ''             # Set to empty string for localhost.
Not used with sqlite3.
DATABASE_PORT = ''             # Set to empty string for default. Not
used with sqlite3.

Didn't see any traceback.   I'll keep plugging away at this. No doubt
newbie issues in there somewhere, but the behaviour just seems to be
inconsistent so far.

I wondering if case handling is a particular challenge.  My table has
mixed case fields and I've seem some discussions about challenges
around that in postgresql.   Any guidance about good practices for
case?  Should I use all lowercase all the time, or is the Django
interface able to manage that effectively?