> Try setting the primary_key option as True.

Fair enough, but this will solve the issue (will it? Didn't try yet)
only in case I need just one OneToOne mapping per model. What if I
need more?
In the example above, what if I need Person to be mapped to Profile
and ProjectParticipant models as OneToOne?

All in all, I'm not saying this issue is critical, I'm just trying to
understand if this behaviour was introduced intentionally and I should
keep this in mind in developing in django or this is something that
should be fixed on a django level rather then on my application level.
I was trying to find any bugs on djangoproject.org but didn't succeed,
should I open a new one?

Alex.