hello all,

For freesound.org I really need per-object permissions and caching.
I would also love to use the {% cache %} template tag as much as
possible because it's so easy and transparent!
Now, say for example I have a sound, and a user can either edit it or
not, or vote for it or not.

can edit > has_change_permission (per object, not per app)
can vote > probably is_authenticated

In general the usage of the per-object permissions in the templates
(and now that I think of, in the views as well :D) is a bit unclear to
me.

How can use these two variables in my pages together with {% cache %}?

{% cache 500 sound_page user.is_authenticated ???? %}

I see little difference between using per-app permissions in templates
and using per-object permissions, so having some way to do it would be
awesome.

 - bram

--
http://www.freesound.org