On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:02 -0700, James Matthews wrote:
> Try FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME="" I use it and it works nicely

It's always interesting after landing a feature like this that has a few
edge cases to see where the problems distribute themselves. Turns out
there are a lot of people using the lighttpd + fastcgi setup -- and this
would all be a lot easier if lighttpd had some way of passing through
the original, un-rewritten URL as well as the rewritten version (Apache
has this facility, for example).

My point here (I have one! Honest) is that I'm slowly gathering clues as
to what pieces the documentation needs to make a bit clearer and how to
tweak the examples to hit some common cases. That being said, I'd also
like people to *understand* what's going on, rather than having to
follow a "this is what worked for somebody else, so I tried it with hope
in my heart" cut-and-paste method of configuration. Over time, we'll
tweak the docs a bit and maybe change the quiet robustness of the code.

But, for right now: the script name portion should not end in a slash.
It is appended to the front of every generated URL. The path info
portion (the bit you mention in Django's URLConf) will always start with
a slash, although you don't include the leading slash in your URL conf,
because that's already matched by the controlling URL resolver portion
(your project's main URLConf file is essentially used as an include() in
Django's root resolver).

Regards,
Malcolm