I have entries from the different users, they're entering the total
number of steps they walked during a particular period of time, that
they set.

So the model is setup like

user (fk)
start_date = DateField()
end_date = DateField()
steps = IntergerField()

What I want to do is on the user's detail page to sum all the entries
in the db for that model where user = page_user. I know with SQL you
can do a query and just SUM(steps) as total_steps WHERE user =
get_user. Is there a way, better/preferred, to do it with Django?

Also, on the site's front page, I'd like to list the top 10 total as
well.