> It's not terribly obvious from the scribd layout, but at the
> top (above the document) there's a "download" link or similar,
> and there you can download the original PDF.

...which expects that I create login...

Given that the source is likely just a PDF, posting a link to it
somewhere is a lot less painful than using Scribd.  It's like
they (Scribd) asked the question "how can we best come between
site-visitors and the content our users want visitors to view?"
resulting in this solution.  It's not like they're charging for
the content (AFAIK) so forcing me to create a login fails to net
them anything but useless marketing data, a plonk in my
cookie-jar, and a seething user that will now decry them at any
convenient opportunity.

</rant>

-tim