I am using the 1.0 beta 1 release.

I think I am following the documentation, when I set

    ('^accounts/login/(.*)', 'django.contrib.auth.views.login', {}),

in my urls.py

But then I get a TemplateDoesNotExist exception when opening
/accounts/login.

The template (standard registration/login.html) does exist, but somehow the
template name gets lost in Django and it looks for an empty template name
u''.
Below is the relevant snippet from the error page:

for middleware_method in self._view_middleware:
response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args,
callback_kwargs)
if response:
return response
try:

response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs) ...

except Exception, e:
# If the view raised an exception, run it through exception
# middleware, and if the exception middleware returns a
# response, use that. Otherwise, reraise the exception.
for middleware_method in self._exception_middleware:
response = middleware_method(request, e)

▼ Local vars
Variable Value
callback
<function login at 0x03520830>
callback_args
(u'',)
callback_kwargs
{}
TemplateDoesNotExist(u'',)

If I set the template name explicitly, I get the error that the kw arg is
doubly defined.
(If in auth.views.login I set the template_name explictly to my template,
overriding the empty string, it works, so my template is ok)

Any idea what is going on here?

Ludwig