I think flatpages definitely still have their uses. Morsels don't
create new pages, they only get shown on existing ones.
With the flatpage fallback middleware, flatpage xml sitemaps and a bit
of custom navigation code you can let users add pages anywhere they
want in a site and have it show up in menus.

Of course, you could achieve the same effect by applying some of the
flatpage app code to morsels, but it will just confuse users, having
morsels that just customize content in existing pages mixed in with
others that create new pages.

A more interesting suggestion, IMO, would be to merge flatpages and
morsels into a single app, which would make sense because both deal
with static, admin-editable content. FlatThings?

Itai