Very interesting approach, going through subclassing HttpResponse for
generating views. Just some more alternatives if you don't mind ;-)

A couple of months ago, Arne Brodowski wrote some similar on his blog
[1] also kind of using the servlet-split (a view-method per
http-method). Also some time ago I simply took the __call__-approach
combined with a small view-factory [2].

[1]
http://www.arnebrodowski.de/blog/488-Eine-andere-Moeglichkeit-GET-und-POST-in-Django-zu-verarbeiten.html
[2] http://github.com/zerok/django-zsutils/tree/master/utils/oopviews.py