I read the following snippet with interest:
http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1010/

I am trying to lock that tightly into brain as I can imagine being
tripped up by that and ending up completely confused as to why my code
doesn't work.

Does anyone else think that there should be an elegant way to deal
with comparing different types in a template? I almost wonder if we
need to either:
a) implicitly coerce types
or b) throw an exception (or at least log a warning)

The current behaviour turns Python into a loosely typed language in
the worst possible way.