Hi,
My model (Item) has this line:
dimensions = models.ForeignKey(Dimension, null=True, blank=True )

Later, I want to make an Item sans dimensions like so:
itemobj = Item( .... blah
        dimensions = dimobj,
        )
But - dimobj is None (as it should be).

I get this error:
Cannot assign "(None,)": "Item.dimensions" must be a "Dimension" instance.

I have looked in the docs and it seems this *should* be okay:
If a ForeignKey field has null=True set (i.e., it allows NULL values), you can
assign None to it *
* http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/db-api/#one-to-many-relationships

I also checked the 0.96 docs and it's there too. I am on some SVN 8463 now.

What am I missing?
\d