Thanks.

Well the problem with the network personnel is that the person who set
up the active directory server left recently and his documentation is
very incomplete, so i'm trying to understand how it is setup but have
yet to succeed.

However I would be glad if someone here was able to devide the
parameters i copied from the old .htaccess file, according to the
variables the django backend requires. if you understand my meaning.

old .htaccess:
AuthLDAPUrl ldap://dc1.xxxx.local:389/OU=xxxxxxx,DC=xxxx,DC=local?sAMAccountName
AuthLDAPBindDN CN=ldaplogin,CN=Users,DC=jura,DC=local
AuthLDAPBindPassword "xxxxxxxx"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off

The backend I was thinking about using is:
http://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/2507/ldapauth.py

this howevers requires some things in my settings.py file: but i dont
know what to write. I guessing that the parameters are still valid, i
just need to find some way to use this LDAP authorization in django
instead of apache.

11          Requires the following things to be in settings.py:
12          LDAP_DEBUG -- boolean
13              Uses logging module for debugging messages.
14          LDAP_SERVER_URI -- string, ldap uri.
15              default: 'ldap://localhost'
16          LDAP_SEARCHDN -- string of the LDAP dn to use for searching
17              default: 'dc=localhost'
18          LDAP_SCOPE -- one of: ldap.SCOPE_*, used for searching
19              see python-ldap docs for the search function
20              default = ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE
21          LDAP_SEARCH_FILTER -- formated string, the filter to use for
searching for a
22              user. Used as: filterstr = LDAP_SEARCH_FILTER % username
23              default = 'cn=%s'
24          LDAP_UPDATE_FIELDS -- boolean, do we sync the db with ldap on
each auth
25              default = True"