> Is it possible to have two versions of django running at the same time
> on an Ubuntu server(9.0 and 1.0)?
> It is taking to long to recode, and until I do I wanted It up and
> running with the old version.
> I got the tar.gz from the web site, but do I have to get rid of the
> new version?

I don't know how you installed, but it's certainly possible by
just tweaking your PYTHONPATH.

I've got several versions of Django installed and you should be
able to just adjust the PYTHONPATH accordingly...for mod_python
it might look something like the following (untested)

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName www.example.com
   ServerAlias example.com
   DocumentRoot /var/django/projectold
   <Location "/">
     SetHandler python-program
     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE projectold.settings
     PythonPath "['/opt/django/django0.96'] + sys.path"
     PythonDebug On
     </Location>
     <Location "/media">
         SetHandler none
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName dev.example.com
   DocumentRoot /var/django/projectnew
   <Location "/">
     SetHandler python-program
     PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
     SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE projectnew.settings
     PythonPath "['/opt/django/django1.0'] + sys.path"
     PythonDebug On
     </Location>
     <Location "/media">
         SetHandler none
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

where the PythonPath directives point at the appropriate version
of django.

-tim