I am going to try to connect my Django app to several different
databases, so I found this discussion talking about it:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/9f0353fe0682b73

The very first post mentions how to define a custom get_query_set
function, though it is rather limited. I have not tried it myself, but
that post is worth a look.