FYI because there was some wildcarding going on, I think my ServerNames were
actually duplicate in the two VirtualHost definitions (unqualified main
domain name) and I was accomplishing any differentiation using ServerAlias.
According to the mod_python docs <
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-interps.html>, this
must have caused my instances to share an interpreter, probably resulting in
some unfortunate collisions on key modules (like the settings file, which
had the same path in both handlers).  So I added the PythonInterpreter
directive as suggested by mod_python and as indicated in the Django docs <
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/modpython/>.  Haven't
had much opportunity to test, but I expect this will do the trick.

Just wanted to close the loop here on the list in case someone stumbles
across this in the future,

  -- Scott

--
http://scott.andstuff.org/ | http://truthadorned.org/