Hi,

I just upgraded to Django 1.0, and I've just finished fixing all my unit
tests. However, streaming file uploads are still broken. The behaviour I'm
seeing is as follows:

When I start the upload of the file, a file which looks like eg.
/tmp/tmpGjWpee.upload appears almost immediately, but does not change in
size thereafter. The size is either empty or 16M. I haven't seen any other
values appear. The file upload completes some of the time, regardless, but
is very slow. For very large files, like 1g, it took so long I stopped it.

A model I'm using for testing purposes appears below.

I've seen this behavior on two independent installations of 1.0, with the
same project/application. I have a different installation with a pre-1.0
snapshot with a patch from #2070 applied, and that works fine with an
earlier version of the same model/application, with the temporary file in
/tmp appearing and growing in size as the upload progresses, as expected.

Suggestions for debugging would be appreciated. Please CC me on any reply.
Thanks.

                                                   Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.

class OldFileUpload(models.Model):
     upload_date = models.DateTimeField(default=datetime.now(), blank=True,
editable=False)
     upload = models.FileField(upload_to=".")
     #name = models.CharField(core=True, max_length=100)
     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)
     description = models.CharField(blank=True, max_length=200)