On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Gerard Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I run my test suite, commands like these 'admin.site.register(Product,
> ProductAdmin)' in models.py break my tests with this error:
>
> django.contrib.admin.sites.AlreadyRegistered: The model Product is already
> registered
>
> When I (temporarily) remove them the tests run properly.
>
> What am I misssing?

Although you _can_ put admin registrations in models.py (and this was
historically the suggested approach at one point in the past), it is
generally recommended that you put them in an admin.py module, and use
admin.autodiscover() in your urls.py to find and register the admin
models. This avoids the multiple registration problem. More details
here:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/admin/

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)