Thanks for your reply!

On Wednesday, 01 October 2008 14:51:04 felix wrote:
> > a. How to get it to validate. (clean and co.)
> when you select the desired whatever it should put it into the form's
> hidden field as an id
> or text field
> so that's what should be cleaned.
Yeah, the problem is that the field for a Foreign Key is a monster Select kind
of thing and I can't figure it out.

> > I am going to re-code today without using modelForms because I think
> > hooking into that voodoo is too complex for my light-weight brain.
> yes, that twists my brain too
Glad I'm not alone. I have found the docs for forms to be extremely weak;
sadly. Also there is a dearth of stuff on the web about it too. Either
everyone else is super-smart (very possible) and does not need docs/tuts or I
am alone in wanting to do 'weird' things with forms :)

Anyhow, I am now a whole day into doing this without model forms and I can't
really go back just yet.

And thanks for that snippet link -- I will have a look over it.
Best,
\d