you need to change these:

#from settings.py
MEDIA_ROOT = 'D:/workspace/isiscore/media/'
MEDIA_URL = '/site_media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

#from urls.py
from django.conf import settings
(r'^media/(?P<path>.*)$', 'django.views.static.serve',
{ 'document_root': settings.MEDIA_URL, 'show_indexes':
True, }),

remember, MEDIA_URL, is a URL, not a filesystem path.

keith