Alex,

As the docs state, you can place code in a {% block [name] %} and it gets
overwritten when another template has that block defined. This is the
base.html: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/87935/

This is a subnavigation with a different active 'tab' in the navigation bar
called base_product.html: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/87936/

As you can see the second overwrites the navbar, and they both have the
'content' block. So when you have content in a sub page for the order 'tab',
you define the actual content in another file that looks like this:

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/87937/

And so the relation is: base.html > base_order.html > order_detail.html

Resulting in this: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/87938/

Then in your CSS file you can give the active li a different color.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Gerard.

Alex Rades wrote:
> Hi Gerard,
> sorry but I don't understand your setup.
> Could you show us some sample code which does the actual navigation list?
>
> Thank you very much for your time
>
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Gerard Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I don't understand why it's needs to be so complicated. When using a
>> 'double' template inheritance, e.g: base > base_products > product_add
>>
>> There's only one place where you have to maintain some navlist html/css
>> code. This is where the 'active' attribute is maintained. So with multiple
>> sections like: product, customer, invoices youre hierarchy looks like this:
>>
>> base.html
>>        base_product.html       (extends base.html)
>>                product_add.html        (extends base_product.html)
>>
>>        base_customer.html
>>                etc ...
>>
>>        base_invoice.html
>>                etc ...
>>

>> This comes straight from the docs:
>> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/templates/#id1
>> (See 'base_SECTIONNAME.html' about two screens down from there)
>>
>> I personally dont' see the needs for loops and extra code. Or is my app to
>> simple ... :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gerard.
>>
>> Steven Armstrong wrote:

>>> I usually do that through a css switch on the body tag.
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> base template: -----
>>> <ul id="navlist">
>>> </ul>
>>>

>>> css: -----
>>> #section-home #nav-home a,
>>> #section-products #nav-products a,
>>> #section-faq #nav-faq a,
>>> #section-contact #nav-contact a {
>>>    background-color: blue;
>>> }
>>>

>>> products template: -----
>>> {% block section %}products{% endblock %}
>>>

>>> faq template: -----
>>> {% block section %}faq{% endblock %}
>>>

>>> hth
>>> Cheers