Exact same problem, as well. I'm running Ubuntu 8.4 Hardy (server
edition), but after running the apparmor_status command, I don't see
any active [or even existent] AppArmor profiles that are activated
onto httpd, Python, or any other relevant processes. It still didn't
work after I disabled AppArmor either. I might try switching over to
PostgreSQL, as that will probably resolve the problem (and I'll need
to eventually anyway), but I'd like to figure out what's going on as
well.

Regards,
Leaf