Sorry  I was not clear.

I have some utilities in view.py which have to reload tables content
(migration from the legacy database; clearing a table and reloading with
base content; ...)

I know from the shell it is enough an "python manage py flush", but I
have two problems:

    * the action have to be triggered by a user action on a form
    * the id have to be resetted because for me the id=0 and id=1 rows
      have a fixed special meaning

I have not found anything about deleting tables in
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/queries/ (it seems that
"database api" has gone in 1.0)
The only thing that seems I can use is "Executing custom SQL" in
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/models/

There is a better/recommended method?

Thanks
    Mirto