Hello,

I'm having a hard time understanding why Django won't let me serialize
a dictionary of form errors. Can anyone explain why Django throws an
error if I try to serialize someform.errors, even if I copy it into a
plain dictionary?

#!/usr/bin/env python
from django.utils import simplejson
from project.main.models import SampleForm

test = {}
simplejson.dumps(test) # works

test = {'key': [u"value"]}
simplejson.dumps(test) # works

# suppose SampleForms wants a text and url field
# I just give it a text field to test
form = SampleForm({"text": "sample text"})
d = {} # make a new dictionary
# update d so we're working with a plain dictionary
d.update(f.errors)
type(d) # returns dict

# fails: <django.utils.functional.__proxy__ object at 0x00C83810>
# is not JSON serializable
simplejson.dumps(d)