On Oct 18, 2008, at 4:38 AM, timc3 wrote:

> Thanks for the help. Yeah, my terminology is quite often wrong, to
> much context switching with other things.
>
> Unfortunately I am never sure what will go in to that field, just data
> that's sourced from various types of media, and populated from another
> system. I do know that it will almost always probably be in that
> format though.

Depending on what you're expecting to store, and how you're expecting
to use it, you can also pickle python objects and store them in the
database. From your example, it looks like you could associate a
dictionary of metadata with each model instance, pickle that
dictionary, and store the result in the database field. One more
option...