Hi all,
I've been coding database development with Django for about a year in
a Mac OS X and Linux environment using a Postgres database.

Now I have moved to a new organisation and is trying to use Django for
development against a big bibliometric legacy database in MS SQL
Server in a Windows environment.

With the help of the good guys over at Django-pyodbc (http://
code.google.com/p/django-pyodbc/) and a bit of struggling and some
tweaks, I have managed to get Django working against the database.

I am primarily working on a web interface towards the database, so I'm
doing my development work using Apache 2.2 and mod_python
(3.3.1.16113)

When I had set up my development environment in Windows I started to
notice a peculiar behaviour that I hadn't seen before in the Mac/Linux
environment; it seems as if the Python interpreter only creates
new .pyc files every second time I reload a web page.

I'm using Eclipse (3.4.1) and PyDev (1.3.22) as my editing
environment, and in the error reporting on the web pages I get
updated .py code reported, but the error from the previous code is
still reported as the cause for the error, which leads me to suspect
that old .pyc files are reused.

I'm using Django trunk and I have set the MaxRequestsPerChild 1
directive in httpd.conf. I'm running on Windows XP (sp3?).

Has anyone here seen this behaviour and know what may be causing it?
Can It be some kind of setting in Eclipse on Windows that makes the
source code files not being flagged as changed or is this a behaviour
specific for Python/Windows?

Thanks for any clues on this,
Ulf