There's no global switch to turn off the console output.  Your Django
code is simply Python code running in a process, and if you use the
print statement, it will print to the stdout of the process.  You will
have to conditionalize the print statements if you don't want to see
them.  Your other option is to change where sys.stdout points, but that
will change it for the entire process, which may not be what you want.

--Ned.
http://nedbatchelder.com