And you don't need root access to install/run Apache either.  It might
be a pain to install w/o root, depending on your OS, but running it
wouldn't be too hard, as long as you pick a port above 1024.  One very
good reason (I think) to avoid using Django's development server is
the inability to use SSL.  Also, it doesn't provide nearly the same
level of logging.