I run prefork with mod_wsgi (embedded) and mod_php.  No troubles so
far, though I'm using MySQL with PHP and Postgres with Django, so I'm
not likely to experience the MySQL library issues Graham described.

I've read that mod_php actually doesn't like worker MPM, because come
common PHP extensions aren't thread safe.

My setup is for a general development environment... low traffic. For
something more robust I would dedicate a server to Django and run
mod_wsgi with worker MPM. That seems to be the fastest setup, from
everything I've _read_ (no experience with worker). Of course, proxy
to Apache via nginx or alternative.

Ross