On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:29 AM, varikin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Check out django_extensions app,
> http://code.google.com/p/django-command-extensions/.
> It has a command, dumpscript, which creates a python script to
> populate the database. That might get ride of the incompatible types.
> I haven't tried this myself, but it is worth a shot.

Wow - I've been using runserver_plus from that app, but never noticed this.
It seems much more promising as its working at a much higher Django level
than the other options. The dumpscript gave me something back, but the
equivalent runscript against my PostgreSQL installation is not producing any
errors, nor is it restoring the data. Will keep investigating.

-Naitik