Hello,

I feel I have learned a lot about Django, and am loving it, but I seem
to be missing something quite fundamental about template inheritance.

Should templates be a set up only for "straight line" inheritance? My
thinking about them leads to a "tree" where a template renders a
"chunk" of a page (e.g. a sidebar, a content area) and that many
"leaf" templates might extends a part of the same parent template.

If that not the wrong way to "think", then how do "siblings" get
rendered? I realize I can render many templates into variables in a
single view function, but that seems to defeat the purpose of template
inheritance...

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, so I appreciate any
guidance!

Alaric

(I saw one post that suggested that custom template tags, and context
processors might be involved. True? I get how to write tags, but the
docs, while being clear on how to _write_ them, seem a bit sketchy on
how to _use_ them, esp. context processors.)