Thanks for your reply.

Maybe my question was a bit misleading: where do I put default
representations for each model field on model level (not templates).

I want to have a nice representation for the other MyModel() fields. Must I
define for each field a method to accomplish my task?

class MyModel(models.Model):
     name = models.CharField(max_length=150)
     myinteger = models.IntegerField()

     def __unicode__(self):
         return u"Here is my: %s" % (self.name)

     def my_nice_integer(self):
         return u"%s" % str(self.myinteger).zfill(10)

Is there a alternative? Does someone know how django formats for example
dates on the admin pages?

Thanks
Bülent