On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:26 AM, cnole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i'm new to django framework and i found a problem during learning
> django. I wrote a standalone application for my project and registered
> it as installed applications in the project settings. But everytime i
> made a change to models of the standalone application and run the
> syncdb command to the project, all the standalone application related
> database schema won't be updated. I must remove the whole .db file and
> create it with command sqlall again, than i get the reflection of the
> changed i've made.
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?

It's a functionality that isn't currently included in Django. See:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/faq/models/#if-i-make-changes-to-a-model-how-do-i-update-the-database

> Or is there another tricky ways to get the
> syncdb command to work? Please help me, i can't remove and then create
> the whole database schema everytime i make a change to models. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

There are some external projects that offer provide schema evoluton
functionality:

south, dmigrations, django-evolution, dbmigrations, deseb,
django-schemaevolution

Google for them.

Regards,

--