On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I run the command python manage.py syncdb to sync database, but
> failed
>
> I got the following error messages:
>
> File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\contrib\auth\management
> \_init_.py". line 47 , in <module>
> signals.post_syncdb.connect<create_permissions, AttributeError:'object
> object has no attribute 'connect''>
>
> I got django1.0, Python2.52, Apache2.2.9, MySQL5.0.67,
> PHPMyAdmin2.11.9.2

Are you sure you have a clean install of Django 1.0? That's a somewhat
mangled (there should be a paren, not an angle bracket, before
create_permissions, AttributeError should start a new line, the first object
should have an end quote, etc.) version of the error you would get if you
had 1.0 code in django\contrib\auth\management but 0.96 level code in
django\db\models\signals.py.  You might want to delete the whole
c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django tree and re-install Django 1.0.

Karen