I am currently using Vista OS
I have installed Python in the path
D:\Python26\
and extracted the tarred file downloaded from www.djangoprojects.com
ie "Django-1.0.tar.gz" in the path
D:\Python26\Django-1.0\Django-1.0
I am however unable to intall Django
on typing the following command in command prompt I get this error:

D:\Python26\Django-1.0\Django-1.0>python setup.py install
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

If I use the Python (command line) found in Start>All Programs>Python
2.6

>>> D:\Python26\Django-1.0\Django-1.0>python setup.py install
File "<stdin>", line 1

How do i install Django on my system..??

Also post intallation I wish to create a Database with username and
password all with the same name ie "myforum"