class T22Pais(models.Model):
    a22_id = models.AutoField(primary_key=True)
    a22_nome_1 = models.CharField("Nome Responsavel
#1",max_length=255)

class T55Visitas(models.Model):
    a55_id = models.IntegerField(primary_key=True)
    a55_visita_agendada = models.DateTimeField(null=True, blank=True)
    a22 = models.ForeignKey(T22Pais,verbose_name="Pais")

The documentation says "The InlineModelAdmin class is a subclass of
ModelAdmin so it inherits all the same functionality as well as some
of its own," so first I tried this:

class T22PaisAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    inlines = [T55VisitasInline]

class T55VisitasInline(admin.StackedInline):
    exclude = ('a55_id')
    model = T55Visitas

but nothing changes. I tried a couple variations of the name without
and without quotes and adding the model hierarchy exclude=
('T55Visitas.a55_id') but nothing worked.

Then I noticed that the documentation refers to form and formset
fields in InlineModelAdmin. The documentation isn't very clear how to
use these, but I tried the following things and nothing had any
effect: the inline form was always rendered with all of its fields:

class T55VisitasInlineForm(forms.ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = T55Visitas
        exclude = ('a55_id')

class T55VisitasInline(admin.StackedInline):
    model = T55Visitas
    form = T55VisitasInlineForm

tried adding a formset:

class T55VisitasInline(admin.StackedInline):
    model = T55Visitas
    form = T55VisitasInlineForm
    formset = inlineformset_factory(
                                    T22Pais,
                                    T55Visitas,
                                    exclude = ('a55_id')
                                    )

adding the same form back into the formset even though I'm already
setting T55VisitasInline.form, but no dice. :(

class T55VisitasInline(admin.StackedInline):
    model = T55Visitas
    form = T55VisitasInlineForm
    formset = inlineformset_factory(
                                    T22Pais,
                                    T55Visitas,
                                    form = T55VisitasInlineForm,
                                    exclude = ('a55_id')
                                    )

How can I get this to work??? Grrr... Ideally, I'd like to have a
fully custom inline form using "fieldsets," but for now I'll settle
for just hiding fields.

Cheers,
Ben