On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 15:46 -0800, ayayalar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running into an issue with style sheets are not being found (404)
>
> Example:
>
> My Directory structure:
>
> C:\DJANGO\MYSITE2\TEMPLATES
> └───hello
>     │   index.html
>     │
>     └───css
>             base.css
>             nav.css
>

> I have the following style sheet defined in the template html
> (index.html):
>
>     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
>                href="css/base.css" />
>     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
>                href="css/nav.css" />
>
> When I navigate to the url, I am getting the following log info from
> the server:
>
> [19/Nov/2008 15:32:29] "GET /hello/css/base.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1966
> [19/Nov/2008 15:32:29] "GET /hello/css/nav.css HTTP/1.1" 404 1963
>

> Where am I making a mistake?

Have you configured the webserver's document root to be your TEMPLATES/
directory? Remember that these files are being served directly by the
webserver, not through Django. So concepts like template directories and
the like play no part here. Without any other specific configuration all
those URLs will be mapped to filesystem locations underneath
DocumentRoot (in Apache terms -- modify appropriately for your webserver
of choice).

Regards,
Malcolm