Hi,

I am following Practial Django Projects book. In Chapter 4, Django Powered
Weblog, James talks about standalone apps.

The basic premise seems to be to include the app in the python path. I have
done that.

Using the Python IDLE, I am able to issue command "import coltrane" without
problem. (coltrane is the name of standalone app)

However, I am not able to do so using Django configured shell "python
manage.py shell".

Also after adding the app in INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py of the project, I
am unable to use it.

What am I doing wrong? Does Django by itself needs its path set?

I hope this is not a very stupid question.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Saurabh.