You could define the CHOICES as a member of your model class, like so:

class Movie( Relic ):
    CHOICES=((u'1','one'), (u'2',u'two'))
    disk_type = models.CharField( 'Type', max_length=8,
choices=CHOICES)

Then, in your form:

class MovieForm( BasicRelicForm ):
    disk_type = forms.CharField( widget = choicewidget
( choices=Movie.CHOICES ))
    class Meta:
        model = Movie

That seems, to me, to be the cleanest way to do it.

You can also access the choices like this, but I wouldn't recommend
it:
choices = Movie._meta.get_field('disk_type').choices

-Jeff