I have book editions in my database. Users can rate editions. If they
want, they can also add them to their book collection.
Here is a simplified overview of the models:

class Edition(models.Model):
 title   = models.models.CharField(max_length=255)
 binding        = models.models.CharField(max_length=30)

class Bookcollection(models.Model):
 user    = models.ForeignKey(User)
 edition = models.ForeignKey(Edition)

class Rating(models.Model):
 user    = models.ForeignKey(User)
 edition = models.ForeignKey(Edition)
 rating = models.PositiveIntegerField()

I can fetch all the books in a users bookcollection with editions =
user.edition_set.all()
What do I do if I want to order a users bookcollection by the rating
he or she gave it?