Thanks for quick reply Malcom.

This is the code for my view.
I know I'm missing something, the formsets do show up correctly on the
form page, but I'm just not seeing how to load the request.POST data
into the formset for validation and save

The error I get is:
Exception Value: 'Manager' object has no attribute 'empty'
Exception Location:     /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/
contenttypes/generic.py in get_queryset, line 310

def add(request,contact_type):

    AddressFormSet = generic_inlineformset_factory(Address, extra=2)

    if request.method == 'POST':
        address_formset = AddressFormSet(request.POST,request.FILES)
    else:
        address_formset = AddressFormSet(instance=Person.objects.get
(id=2))

I've also tried loading with
address_formset = AddressFormSet(Person,BaseGenericInlineFormSet
(request.POST,request.FILES))

Exception Value:
'NoneType' object has no attribute '_meta'
Exception Location:     /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/
contenttypes/generic.py in __init__, line 295