I have an ajax-style update to a page that inserts html into the page
after it has already loaded (and run template filters, etc).  Is there
a way to have the template filters run on the inserted html.

Here are the specifics:  A list of folders is displayed upon the
initial load of the page. Each of the folders contains items that can
be tagged (using django-tagging of course).  If you want to see the
tags for the items in a particular folder you click the link, the ajax
request is fired, and a list of tags is returned. My specific
challenge is that the tags are returned as links.  For single word
tags your get http://site.com/path/to/tag/.  If you have a multi-word
tag such as "django 1.0" you would get: http://site.com/path/to/django
1.0 which isn't a valid url. I want to be able to run the template
filter "urlencode" to convert the tag but, alas the page has already
loaded.

Would love a pointer or two to resolve. Google searches have not
returned any usable results.

Thx.