Hi Graham,
I've finally managed to get back to the wildcard subdomains & mod_wsgi
today. Unfortunately the discussion thread you mentioned has
disappeared and after a few hours i still seem to be doing a good job
of getting nowhere.

Although you mentioned using mod_rewrite to get hold of the url
variable, it looks like the %{SERVER} variable in mod_wsgi might take
care of this already?

My main issue seems to be to accessing the %{SERVER} (or relevant
mod_rewrite) variable in the .wsgi script, to specify a particular
settings file.

Within a VirtualHost i have:
WSGIApplicationGroup %{SERVER}
WSGIDaemonProcess %{SERVER} ...threads etc
WSGIProcessGroup %{SERVER}

So this is probably hoplessly wrong also, but if you can give some
further pointers that would be most kind.
Thanks and Regards,
Ben