On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Fluoborate <motoy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It never modified tables? But in the tutorial, you "accidentally" omit
> the __unicode__ method and then you add it in later, and that works.
> Was the __unicode__ method simply an attribute of the Python and not
> the database, and that's why it works?

Exactly, the __unicode__ method is that, a Python method and not
a model field that represent a DB table column.

> Also, shouldn't sqlclear appname drop the tables, allowing me an
> opportunity to reestablish the tables? Sqlclear didn't clear the
> tables, even though it printed appropriate DROP TABLE statements, it
> just didn't issue the statements. Thanks.

That's exactly the intended behavior (and always has been. Please
read the fine documentation for more details:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/django-admin/#sqlclear-appname-appname

--
 Ramiro Morales