On Jan 4, 10:18 am, Niall Mccormack <mailingli...@itsallmememe.com>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to override the edit_inline_stacked template so I can
> dynamically add in extra inline data via javascript - similar
> tohttp://www.arnebrodowski.de/blog/507-Add-and-remove-Django-Admin-Inli...
>
> I can override the change_form admin template, but can't seem to use/
> override the following line to hook into the inline objects loop
> {% for related_object in inline_related_objects %}{% edit_inline
> related_object %}{% endfor %}
>
> If I directly reference a template from the inline, duplicating the
> edit_inline_stacked.html template, I get 'Invalid Block Tag' errors
> for the following two lines
> {% field_widget bound_field %}
> {% admin_field_line bound_field %}
>
> I'm pretty new to Django, but am enjoying it, however I would like to
> get this working for my own site.
>
> If anyone has any advice, or any other methods of adding/removing data
> dynamically from inlines then I'd really appreciate it!
>
> Cheers
> Niall

Rather than override the template just to add some javascript, it's
probably easier to use a custom form for the inline model, and add a
Media class referencing the URL of your javascript file.

Something like:

class CustomInlineForm(forms.ModelForm):
    class Meta:
        model = MyInlineModel

    class Media:
        js = ('/path/to/my/javascript.js',)

class CustomInlineAdmin(admin.TabularInline)
    form = CustomInlineForm

class CustomMasterAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    inlines = [CustomInlineAdmin]

--
DR.